The Access 2 Entertainment TM card provides free admission for support persons accompanying a person with a disability at member movie theatres and selected attractions across Canada. The person with the disability pays regular admission.
This program was developed by an advisory group of nine national disability organizations, in conjunction with Cineplex Entertainment.
Persons with a permanent disability who require a support person when attending a movie theatre or attraction are eligible for the card. The applicant must agree to follow the terms and conditions for use of the card (see reverse side).
A support person is an individual who accompanies a person with a disability to provide those services that are not provided by movie theatre/attraction employees, such as assisting the person with eating, administering medication, communication and use of the facilities.
There is a $20 fee to acquire the Access 2 Entertainment Card. The card will be valid for 5 years and can be used at all Access 2 Entertainment Card Partners. Access 2 Entertainment is managed by Easter Seals Canada.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 1. The application form must be submitted by a person with a disability or a legal guardian on his or her behalf.
2. The applicant must be a client of the authorizing health care professional/service provider.
3. If the applicant has a CNIB ID card or an Easter Seals Disability Travel Card, a photocopy of either one can be submitted as authorization. (It is not necessary for further authorization. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS)
4. This card is valid for a period of 5 years from date of issue after which a renewal application form must be filed with Easter Seals Canada with a renewal fee to be announced.
5. The applicant must be identified as having a disability that requires a support person/attendant while attending an entertainment, cultural, recreation or sporting venue. This must be verified by a registered health care provider or a recognized service provider (see section C for a complete list of regulated health care providers).
6. The applicant must present the Access 2 Entertainment card along with personal identification at the movie theatre or selected attraction or venue box office when purchasing his or her own ticket
7. The person with a disability and support person must attend the movie or attraction together.
8. The discounted admission fee for the support person will be free or no more than $3.00 at movie theatres and attractions. Prices may vary from theatre chain to chain or entertainment venue. No advanced tickets or admissions can be obtained with this card. For theatres: admission tickets can only be issued on the day of the selected movie.
9. Tickets can only be purchased in person together with their attendant attending the same show. Under no circumstances are tickets to be resold.
10. This program is administrated by Easter Seals Canada on behalf of the Access 2 Entertainment Partners. Upon submission of your complete application please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing of your application and delivery of your Access 2 Entertainment card.
11. There is a $20 replacement fee for a lost or stolen card. Please send a cheque made out to Easter Seals Canada to 40 Holly St. suite 401, Toronto, ON, M4S 3C3
12. Applications that are incomplete or improperly completed will not be accepted. The applicant will be notified and asked to re submit a complete and corrected application.
13. The Access 2 Entertainment card is a privilege, not a right. Misuse or abuse of this card shall result in the immediate termination and confiscation of the card and its privileges.
14. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice under the authority of the Access 2 Entertainment Partnership.
No description. Please update your profile.